In late May ‘Eric’, a very handsome 1962 plate E Type Jaguar owned by Tysers very own classic car enthusiast Martin Tinsley, headed to Portugal…
Summer Parties – Home Insurance Summer Tips
Birthdays, anniversaries, graduations or just because it’s Friday, now the recent government guidelines have changed we will find any excuse for a garden party. Follow these tips to make sure your summer get-together goes without a hitch.
Bouncy castle safety
Kids love a bouncy castle, but government statistics indicate they are the cause of thousands of accidents every year. If you’re planning to hire one this summer:
- Hire from a reputable company which complies with the bouncy castle guidance issued by the PIPA Inflatable Play Inspector Scheme.
- Wherever possible ask the company’s staff to set it up, operate and supervise.
- Don’t allow children to use it if there is a high wind or in wet weather as inflatables can flip over and slippery surfaces can cause injury.
- Ensure that the blower is situated at least 1-2 metres from the inflatable – serious injuries may occur if a user strikes the blower unit.
Protect your property
Whilst you’re in the back garden enjoying your barbecue, it might seem easier and more welcoming to keep the door open for your guests but you’re inviting trouble if you don’t keep your doors locked.
Barbecue best practice
A barbecue should be a safe and enjoyable experience but it’s all too easy to be distracted when you have friends and family around you whilst cooking. To avoid injuries or damage to property, follow these simple precautions:
- Ensure the barbecue is on a flat site, well away from a shed, trees or shrubs.
- Keep children, garden games and pets well away from the area.
- Never leave the barbecue unattended.
- Keep a bucket of water or sand nearby for emergencies.
- Ensure the barbecue is cool before attempting to move it.
- For more advice visit fireservice.co.uk/barbecue
For more useful tips to stay safe this summer take a look at the full article Summer Hints and Tips