Commercial Film Production Insurance: Cover Types
Our Commercial Producers Package provides you with some of the broadest cover in the market place, written in accordance with APA/ IPA/ISBA production contract requirements which represent the specific benchmark for insurance cover in the UK advertising market.
- Commercial Producers Indemnity — Indemnifies the production company against all additional or abortive production costs, which may arise out of (but not exclusively limited to):
- Errors & Omissions / Professional Indemnity — Indemnifying against all sums, which the assured shall become liable to pay as damages and claimant costs and expenses as a result of any claim during the insured period arising out of factors including:
- Defamation or malicious falsehood.
- Infringement of any intellectual property rights.
- Breach of confidence or misuse of confidential information.
- Product disparagement or breach of any comparative advertising regulations.
- Infringement of any right to privacy.
- Negligent mis-statement or negligent mis-representation.
- Negligence or breach of duty of care in relation to an express or implied contractual duty to use reasonable care and skill – cover must be extended to specifically note the arbitration/dispute resolution provisions and contractual obligations contained within the current APA/IPA/ISBA production contract.
- Dishonesty of employees where there was clear intention to cause a loss and to obtain personal gain over and above any salary fee bonus or commission.
We are also able to arrange bespoke insurance policies for the following types of media companies:
- Post-Production companies
- Equipment Hire companies
- TV Production and other Film/Media related companies
Whilst we can ensure you’re covered for almost all situations, if there’s a risk unique to you, please contact us and we will try to devise an individual policy to meet your needs.
The products and services detailed on this page are provided by Tysers Insurance & Risk Management Solutions.
“We have worked with Integro/Tysers on numerous films of varying budgets over the last few years and they have been consistently competitive, reliable and easy to work with. I recommend them on a regular basis.”Justin Kelly – Recorded Picture Company / Hanway Films
“Our member companies produce all the commercials you see on TV and the internet. They assume most of the risks of a production and insurance is a critical part of their management of that risk. Tysers, as Stonehouse Integro are now known, have worked with us for many years in helping us and our members with their specialist insurance expertise. It has been invaluable and their loyalty and support for their clients in times of crisis has been as valuable as their expertise.”Steve Davies – APA
“Having had Paul and the Tysers team support us on our first ever production, we have continually felt fully supported and stayed in great communication with Paul. His passion for film shines through and is a welcome addition throughout the whole process of working with Tysers. Always available, and always supportive with great advice we are looking forward to working with them many times in the future.”Tom Ackerley – Lucky Chap Entertainment