Tysers Insurance Brokers | Motor Traders

Insurance Solutions For

motor traders

If your business involves motor vehicles; whether cars, vans, trucks or HGV’s, we have you covered.

As a busy motor trader, you can rely on the expertise and knowledge of our trusted broking team to ensure your business is adequately protected.

Our brokers will undertake a review of your current cover, identify any gaps then shop around to identify the best deal to meet the individual needs of your business. We decipher the small print on policy wordings and make it easy for you to understand. We enable you to retain focus on your business’s goals secure in the knowledge you are covered.

We have access to a wide range of specialist motor trade markets. By building trusting relationships with our insurer markets, we ensure that underwriters want to deploy their capacity to us which fundamentally benefits you.

Activities we insure

Here is an example of the types of activities that our Motor Trade Policyholders undertake:

  • Mechanical Repairs
  • Breakdown & Recovery
  • Collection & Delivery
  • MOT & Servicing
  • Crash & Body Repairs
  • Exhaust & Tyre Fitting
  • Car Sales & Dealers
  • Mobile Installers

Contact: Motor Trade Insurance

For more information contact your local office:

Expert Guidance & Advice

From negotiating cover to claims management, our servicing teams develop close working relationships with you, providing expert advice on all aspects of insurance and risk management.

Tysers Risk Services

Tysers Risk Services is a practical and cost-effective solution, designed to help businesses of all sizes to manage their risk, through access to extensive Health & Safety and Employment Law advice and guidance.


We will always put you first

Providing a personal service, our brokers will always make your need their priority. We will always act in your best interests, offering innovative solutions to solve your insurance needs.

Key areas of cover

Insurance covers offered may include:

  • Road Risks

    This type of policy is most suitable for those who operate their business from home. If you work on vehicles that are not owned by you, or if you buy and sell new or used vehicles you need a road risks policy. Policyholders can select the level of cover required: Third Party only, Third Party Fire and Theft or Comprehensive (Full Cover).

  • Stock & Tools

    Cover for stock and tools whilst away from your business’s premises. Motor traders often require insurance protection for tools or motor parts whilst in transit.

  • Combined Motor Trade Insurance

    This type of policy provides cover for road risks as well as equipment and even your premises. It may be cheaper to take out combined motor trade insurance rather than a number of separate policies.

  • Premises Cover

    Cover for the cost of repairing, replacing or rebuilding your business premises depending on the insured risks included under the terms of the policy wording. Typically risks covered include fire, theft, vandalism, storm damage, water damage.

  • Employer's Liability

    This cover is a legal requirement for any business that employs one or more members of staff, regardless of whether they’re driving vehicles or not and can be added to your standard motor trade insurance policy.

  • Public Liability

    This is another type of cover that can be included as part of a single motor trade insurance policy. This will protect you and your employees against claims made by members of the public.

  • Product Liability

    If you fit a part to a vehicle that turns out to be defective, this type of cover will protect you against any claims that arise.

  • Material Damage

    This can provide cover for damage done to any stock vehicles or equipment you own, such as unsold vehicles you own as a car salesman.

  • Any Drivers or Extra Drivers

    Motor traders and their employees need to drive customers vehicles. An ‘Extra Driver’ policy means you will need to add every employee permitted to drive customers vehicles to your policy. An ‘Any Driver’ policy will allow any employee to drive customer vehicles. Any Driver policies are, of course, more expensive than ‘Extra Driver’ policies