Tax Risks covers specific tax exposures identified in due diligence which may be challenged by a tax authority in the future.
- It helps manage the allocation of potential preclosing liabilities or if no clear guidance from the tax authority or legal precedent is available.
- Insurance removes the need for an indemnity, escrow or price adjustment in a deal.
- Policy can commence when a deal signs and are multiyear in line with the exposures being covered; typically up to 7 years.
- The premium is a one-off cost payable after completion of the transaction and depends on the details surrounding the potential tax liability.
- Either the buyer or seller can be the policyholder.
- Quotations can be obtained within 72 hours and policies put in place within 14 days.